Saturday, June 7, 2008

South America to Appalachian Mountains

You may know of my (Tracy) plans to go to grad school in Sustainable Development. I recently found out that I was accepted to Appalachian State in the program, and I was already able to defer for a year, so everything is set up for me to start in fall 2009. This is one of the reasons we are taking this trip; to learn about global sustainability. It's my hope that I will pick up many useful techniques and skills that I will be able to implement when we return. This gives us a timeline to return in early August to finish moving to Boone, find a place to live, and readjust to things in the US before starting school.

Until then, I have picked up a job with the sweet potato breeding department at NCSU, helping researchers in the greenhouse and field. I'm acquiring a nice farmer's tan, and learning more than most people would care to know about sweet potatoes (but I find it very interesting as I'm a plant geek).

1 comment:

KaKi said...

I finally found your blog! It is so cool! I am so excited to follow your travels! This is so great! I am glad you guys are doing this.