Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Current Events

A couple of articles popped up this week that struck me as our travels quickly approach. Check them out, I hope they enrage you as much as they did me:

This one struck me as being as good an argument against industrial agriculture as just about any: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1213762.html
Also has all kinds of other ethical issues we hope consider sewn in. Find your local farmer's market or CSA now in preparation for next season.

Anger is not an emotion that comes quickly to me, but I almost could not see straight after reading this article. As people about to be strangers in another land, I pray that we are treated with the dignity hat Mr. Bizzell refuses to offer. (I will keep this blog G rated and leave out my other thoughts toward Mr. Bizzell).
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/immigration/story/1209646.html

1 comment:

gregjarrell said...

Wow. This comment from one of the immigrants seems to sum it up: "One thing I'm proud of is, now I can feel a little bit of the persecution that God has felt," he said. "We're nothing."

I think that voice ought to matter.

I know that the situations are not exactly the same, but I swear you could replace every occurence of the name Bizzell with Bull Connor or Lester Maddox and tell me this article was from the 1960s, and I wouldn't doubt it for a second.